Frequently Asked Questions
Can I bring my own Harley or BMW?
Yes! This is ideal for riders based in Australia who don´t wish to belong to a club, or overseas visitors who buy a bike in Australia and wish to join our group.
How far will we ride each day?
To ensure you have optimal enjoyment of the motorcycles, experience the scenery and have time for sightseeing, we have limited each riding day to less than 300 km's in most cases. You will also have the option to go on local tours with your motorcycle.
What type of accommodation will I be staying in?
We engage only quality hotel and motel accommodation with each rider enjoying the comfort of a private room and bath.
Tell me about the motorcycles?
We have chosen bikes ideally suited to Australian riding conditions and climate. Our bikes are in top condition and serviced regularly. To find out more information about each of the bikes available click here.
Is it possible to enjoy an all Harley-Davidson tour?
Tours can be arranged as all Harley-Davidson or all BMW tours. Although most riders choose Harley-Davidson or BMW motorcycles, any motorcycle is welcome.
What motorcycle experience is necessary?
All riders must be over 25 years of age and be in possession of a valid motorcycle riders licence. It is expected that each rider is experienced and can operate a motorcycle competently. You must be fit enough to physically manage a full day on the bike.
What do you mean by tour leader?
Aussie Bike Tours provides an experienced motorcycle-mounted tour leader plus support vehicle, with trailer, for your convenience and safety.
What facilities does the support vehicle provide?
The support vehicle will carry your luggage, a spare motorcycle, full service equipment, first aid kit, adequate water supplies.
What about riding on the left side of the road?
You will be fully briefed on the road rules and requirements for Australia when you arrive and during the tour you will be assisted by the Tour Leader.
Do I have to wear a helmet?
Yes. It is a requirement under Australian law that all motorcyclists must wear a helmet at all times when riding a motorcycle. We can provide either open or full-face helmets for your comfort and protection.
What if I don't wish to ride on one day?
No problem. We have sufficient space to transport additional motorcycles and accommodate you in the air-conditioned comfort of the support vehicle.Should you have a travelling companion who wishes to accompany you and tour in the comfort of our support vehicle, this can also be arranged.
Can you accommodate a passenger?
Motorcycle passengers are most welcome, a great way to share the experience as you tour two-up. We will ensure their part of the tour is just as enjoyable.
How do I book a tour?
How do I find you when I land in Australia?
You will be met at your arriving airport by one of our tour operators and taken to your hotel to freshen up and attend the tour familiarisation and orientation briefing.
What does it cost?
Costs vary depending on the tour selected. Please view our current tours and tour costs to view the applicable prices.
Can I stay longer?
Of course. Should you wish to extend your holiday in Australia, we will be happy to arrange this for you. Please advise us of your requirements at the time of booking your tour.
Why should I choose Aussie Bike Tours?
Aussie Bike Tours has packaged the entire tour and ensures the highest level of safety and enjoyment by providing a comprehensive list of equipment in a fully escorted and supported tour to some of the greatest tour destinations Down Under. Below is a list of many of the inclusions in every rental and tour arranged by Aussie Bike Tours included in your tour price:
- Lead rider. On all tours, Aussie Bike Tours provides a knowledgeable motorcycle mounted tour leader to ensure your safety and comfort.
- Spare motorcycle. Although all Aussie Bike Tours motorcycles are current models, we carry a spare motorcycle to ensure your total enjoyment and satisfaction.
- Luggage. With our support vehicle, you can bring sufficient luggage. We request that you limit your luggage to two suitcases per person.
- Support vehicle. Aussie Bike Tours provides a support vehicle for the spare motorcycle, guest accommodation, drinks, snacks, all of your luggage throughout the tour and acts as a recovery vehicle should we encounter any problems with the motorcycles.
- Accommodation. For the duration of the tour, you will be provided with hotel/motel private room accommodation. No backpacking. No camping. No twin share requirements! Includes all meals every day.
- Orientation day. All Aussie Bike Tours tours begin with a full briefing on the Australian road rules and conditions and an orientation ride to familiarise yourself with both the bike and your surrounds.
- Motorcycle rental. Only current model registered motorcycles.
- All breakfasts included every day. Plus cold non-alcoholic drinks.
- Insurance. Every motorcycle rental includes 3rd party property and personal insurance.
- Airport greeting and transfer. All airport transfers upon arrival and departure, are included in your tour cost.
- Tour leader. You will be hosted by a Aussie Bike Tours tour leader throughout the tour.
- Fuel/gas. The cost of all fuel/gas is included.